Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Mr. Bla

Default bandsaw fix

I bought one of the import 4X6 bandsaws some time ago. It was
certainly much better than hacksawing but I was very frustrated by the
blade constantly coming off the wheels anytime I tried an aggressive
cut speed. I tried different blades, different speeds, and adjusting
the blade guide roller bearings as well as the non-driven wheel
height/angle all multiple times but still had the problem
Today I finally got sick of it. I took off the drive wheel and
lathed up a mount mandrel. I used the compound at 5 degrees to cut a
new face on the wheel such that the blade will want to stay on when a
force is applied. Prior to the cut it indicated out as being tapered
the wrong direction by a degree or 2.
Now the saw cuts perfect. If I ask too much of the saw, the blade
will slip on the wheel but it won't self eject. Just a note to the
others if they are having the same problem.

Bill H

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Steve B

"Mr. Bla" wrote in message
news
[...]

I was having a similar problem with mine. Yesterday, I decided to change
the blade. I did, and fired it up. WANG! Blade went flying. Repeat,
repeat, repeat. Then I got to dicking with the adjustment screws. What I
thought was an adjustment screw (machine bolt) actually was the one that
holds the thing on. It was waaaaay out. Tightened it. Examined very
closely at just how it was set up, and how it works, and now no problems.

Steve