Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default What oil do I put in a compressor?

After constantly getting fed up with my 24l (Oil Free) compressor
running out of air, I have upgraded to a 100L model. But this one needs
oil!

The oil level is a little low in the window and I would like to top it
up, so what oil do I use? Can I use standard 4-stroke motor oil, or do
I need something special?

What about mixing? If I don't know whats already in there, is it 'safe'
to just top it up or should I drain it first?

Any info would be appreciated

Jon