Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.autos.dodge.trucks
DT

Default OT legality of strobe lights on vehicles, plus rough ride

In article ,
lid says...

I bought this pickup last fall, from a nearby municipality, it has
only 35k miles on it despite baing 15 years old. They did not use it
much.

http://igor.chudov.com/tmp/Dodge350.jpg

1) about yellow strobe lights. Is it legal for a regular person to
have these lights (when they are turned off)? What about driving with
them turned on? I would presume that it is illegal. I am in IL.

I'm sure each state has its own regulations about lights. I'm in Ohio and you
can use yellow lights when you have an extended load, instead of having a red
flag on the end of the load. Also when you are plowing snow. My son is a
contractor and uses the light on his truck that way.

Dennis

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.autos.dodge.trucks
clare at snyder.on.ca

On Wed, 01 Feb 2006 08:38:16 -0600, (DT)
wrote:

In article ,
says...

I bought this pickup last fall, from a nearby municipality, it has
only 35k miles on it despite baing 15 years old. They did not use it
much.

http://igor.chudov.com/tmp/Dodge350.jpg

1) about yellow strobe lights. Is it legal for a regular person to
have these lights (when they are turned off)? What about driving with
them turned on? I would presume that it is illegal. I am in IL.

I'm sure each state has its own regulations about lights. I'm in Ohio and you
can use yellow lights when you have an extended load, instead of having a red
flag on the end of the load. Also when you are plowing snow. My son is a
contractor and uses the light on his truck that way.

In ontario it must be a BLUE flasher for snow - and ONLY for snow.
Dennis

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.autos.dodge.trucks
Christopher Thompson

blue does not indicate PD there?

--
-Chris
05 CTD

news
wrote:

[...]

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.autos.dodge.trucks
Larry Green

On 01/02/06 4:53 PM, Christopher Thompson wrote:
blue does not indicate PD there?

In Ontario PD use red and white (with amber on some of the newer bubble
gum machines) as do ambulance. Fire use red and white and sometimes have
the addition of green flashers (green indicates part time firemen en
route to a call but they must adhere to all traffic regulations
including speed and traffic lights.

Blue is *only* used for snow removal vehicles (plows, backhoes, graders
etc.) during a snow storm as blue light is easier to see in the snow.
When spring comes around all the blue lenses are changed out for amber
ones for summer use.

--
Larry Green

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.autos.dodge.trucks
clare at snyder.on.ca

On Wed, 1 Feb 2006 16:53:38 -0500, "Christopher Thompson"
wrote:

blue does not indicate PD there?

Nope - coppers up here have red and white - just like fire and
ambulance. Voluteer firefighters have green. Yellow or yellow and
white are used on tow trucks, wide loads, school bus roofs, and
service vehicles of any sort parked in the roadway.
Blue is snow removal only, and ONLY while removong snow. Don't be
running down the road between jobs with the blade up and the flasher
on!

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.autos.dodge.trucks
NapalmHeart

wrote:

[...]

In Michigan blue flashing lights are police only. Red for police and fire.
Yellow for anything else.

Ken