Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.autos.dodge.trucks
clare at snyder.on.ca

Default OT legality of strobe lights on vehicles, plus rough ride

On Wed, 01 Feb 2006 08:38:16 -0600, (DT)
wrote:

In article ,
says...

I bought this pickup last fall, from a nearby municipality, it has
only 35k miles on it despite baing 15 years old. They did not use it
much.

http://igor.chudov.com/tmp/Dodge350.jpg

1) about yellow strobe lights. Is it legal for a regular person to
have these lights (when they are turned off)? What about driving with
them turned on? I would presume that it is illegal. I am in IL.

I'm sure each state has its own regulations about lights. I'm in Ohio and you
can use yellow lights when you have an extended load, instead of having a red
flag on the end of the load. Also when you are plowing snow. My son is a
contractor and uses the light on his truck that way.

In ontario it must be a BLUE flasher for snow - and ONLY for snow.
Dennis