Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.autos.dodge.trucks
Eide

Default OT legality of strobe lights on vehicles, plus rough ride

Same in Minnesota, blue is for snow plows.

clare at snyder.on.ca wrote in message
news
On Wed, 01 Feb 2006 08:38:16 -0600, (DT)
wrote:

In article ,
says...

I bought this pickup last fall, from a nearby municipality, it has
only 35k miles on it despite baing 15 years old. They did not use it
much.

http://igor.chudov.com/tmp/Dodge350.jpg

1) about yellow strobe lights. Is it legal for a regular person to
have these lights (when they are turned off)? What about driving with
them turned on? I would presume that it is illegal. I am in IL.

I'm sure each state has its own regulations about lights. I'm in Ohio and
you
can use yellow lights when you have an extended load, instead of having a
red
flag on the end of the load. Also when you are plowing snow. My son is a
contractor and uses the light on his truck that way.

In ontario it must be a BLUE flasher for snow - and ONLY for snow.
Dennis