Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Mounting mailbox on a springy mount (like garage door spring)

Hello all:

We have just such a mailbox mount; the base is a very stiff spring
about 2" dia and 6" long made with 3/8" wire. I don't recall where we
sent off to purchase it, but it's a commercially-available item, not
homemade..

I don't know how the thing works with slow traffic and baseball bats,
but a fast vehicle knocked off the box and bent the (painted electrical
conduit?) post about 45 degrees. But it's still up, albeit kinda
wobbly....

This is about the fourth time someone's knocked it over in 4 years. No
baseball bats yet; they just like to come around our corner faster than
they should.

Regards -- Terry