Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Bill Schwab

Default 0.063 inch 6061 for control panel?

Hello all,

I am assembling parts lists for my latest technologial mischief, and
gather that a nice way to make arrays of DB9 etc. holes is to use 0.063
inch Aluminum. Is 6061 ok? I assume so, but would rather hear any
concerns in advance rather than after learning the hard way.

Thanks!

Bill
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Glenn Ashmore

If you want your project to have a really professional look consider
http://www.frontpanelexpress.com/ . I use them for all the custom panels on
the boat. They have free design software with built in instant quotes and
10 day turn around. The price is far less than the material and tooling
needed to cobble together a DIY job.

--
Glenn Ashmore

there of) at: http://www.rutuonline.com

"Bill Schwab" wrote in message
k.net...
Hello all,

I am assembling parts lists for my latest technologial mischief, and
gather that a nice way to make arrays of DB9 etc. holes is to use 0.063
inch Aluminum. Is 6061 ok? I assume so, but would rather hear any
concerns in advance rather than after learning the hard way.

Thanks!

Bill

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jim Stewart

Bill Schwab wrote:
Hello all,

I am assembling parts lists for my latest technologial mischief, and
gather that a nice way to make arrays of DB9 etc. holes is to use 0.063
inch Aluminum. Is 6061 ok? I assume so, but would rather hear any
concerns in advance rather than after learning the hard way.

It's fine if it's well supported and not
too large. Otherwise AL this thin can feel
flimsy.