Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
John

Default mystery collets Crawford 5245

I have aa set of collets made by Crawford that have the number 5245
stamped on them. I checked the Crawford website, google searched the
number but have come up with nothing on them. They look almost like a
4C collet but are different. I'm cleaning up the shop and found them in
a box on the shelf. I have no idea where they came from.

tia

John
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
John

Tom wrote:

John wrote:

I have aa set of collets made by Crawford that have the number 5245
stamped on them. I checked the Crawford website, google searched the
number but have come up with nothing on them. They look almost like a
4C collet but are different. I'm cleaning up the shop and found them in
a box on the shelf. I have no idea where they came from.

tia

John

Did you consider mailing Crawfords and asking?

Tom

That will be my next step if no one here knows what they are.

John
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Keith Marshall

"John" wrote in message
I have aa set of collets made by Crawford that have the number 5245
stamped on them. I checked the Crawford website, google searched the
number but have come up with nothing on them. They look almost like a
4C collet but are different. I'm cleaning up the shop and found them in
a box on the shelf. I have no idea where they came from.

Maybe this will help?

http://shopswarf.orcon.net.nz/collet.html

Best Regards,
Keith Marshall

"I'm not grown up enough to be so old!"

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
john

Keith Marshall wrote:
"John" wrote in message

I have aa set of collets made by Crawford that have the number 5245
stamped on them. I checked the Crawford website, google searched the
number but have come up with nothing on them. They look almost like a
4C collet but are different. I'm cleaning up the shop and found them in
a box on the shelf. I have no idea where they came from.

Maybe this will help?

http://shopswarf.orcon.net.nz/collet.html

Best Regards,
Keith Marshall

"I'm not grown up enough to be so old!"

Thanks for the info.

I just looked at the thread more closely. It is a buttress thread and
it looks like its 15 tpi. with a major diameter of 25 mm I think the
5245 number is the DIN number of the collet but I can't find it listed
anywhere. I believe it is a metric collet for a European manufactured
machine.

John