mark

Default touble with this saw.

Hi all, all I can manage to get with this saw are shattered tiles, any
suggestions?

http://www.eshop.msn.com/eshopframe....51806%26fp%3dF

BTW, I think those could be thin wrenches, I'm not sure....

mark

Sunworshiper

On Thu, 01 Jan 2004 17:42:05 -0700, mark
wrote:

Hi all, all I can manage to get with this saw are shattered tiles, any
suggestions?

http://www.eshop.msn.com/eshopframe....51806%26fp%3dF

BTW, I think those could be thin wrenches, I'm not sure....

mark

$90 for wrenches ! How many do ya need for this saw? Gonna need a
bit more info. if you want some help.

I just got woke up from a nap with the wife saying her dog dumped my
NEW saw off a perfectly sound table. Its screwed up , I think this
dog is up to about $750 of tools and such. If I didn't have a 5 yr.
old I'd shoot the ****er right in the backyard . I've got a nice deep
hole in the front yard and he can take a nice durt nap next to the
sewer line the **** head.
Alan Moore

wrote:

Hi all, all I can manage to get with this saw are shattered tiles, any
suggestions?

http://www.eshop.msn.com/eshopframe....51806%26fp%3dF

BTW, I think those could be thin wrenches, I'm not sure....

Maybe for cutting carpet tile?

I think this one belongs in the "Is the world getting dumber" thread.

Al Moore

PR

"mark" wrote in message ...
Hi all, all I can manage to get with this saw are shattered tiles, any
suggestions?

http://www.eshop.msn.com/eshopframe....fcid%3d17157%2
6PAGE%3dPRODUCT%26PROD_ID%3d251806%26fp%3dF
BTW, I think those could be thin wrenches, I'm not sure....

Unbelievable - something in the UK cheaper than in the US!!!!!!
In the "Top Sellers" column : "Power Craft Portable Work Bench with Vise" Only $29.95
They're less than £10 in the UK

Bob May

If you're cutting tiles with a diamond saw, you need to make sure that the
blade is running true and that you aren't cutting too fast. Also make sure
that there is plenty of water as this does both cushioning chores as well as
lubrication and cooling.
If you push the tile in too fast on any saw, the forces will get high enough
to where cracks happen.

--
Bob May
Losing weight is easy! If you ever want to lose weight, eat and drink less.

Alan Moore

On Fri, 2 Jan 2004 12:02:16 -0800, "Bob May"
wrote:

If you're cutting tiles with a diamond saw, you need to make sure that the
blade is running true and that you aren't cutting too fast. Also make sure
that there is plenty of water as this does both cushioning chores as well as
lubrication and cooling.
If you push the tile in too fast on any saw, the forces will get high enough
to where cracks happen.

All of these effects tend to be exaggerated when wrenches are used
instead of a saw, daimonds or no...

Al Moore

Mark

wrote:

If you're cutting tiles with a diamond saw, you need to make sure that the
blade is running true and that you aren't cutting too fast. Also make sure
that there is plenty of water as this does both cushioning chores as well as
lubrication and cooling.
If you push the tile in too fast on any saw, the forces will get high enough
to where cracks happen.

All of these effects tend to be exaggerated when wrenches are used
instead of a saw, daimonds or no...

I went through the sales site to try and find what saw he had.

Turns out its a hand held curricular saw. I don't see how single tiles
could be cut with it. At least not safely.

--

Mark

N.E. Ohio

Never argue with a fool, a bystander can't tell you apart. (S. Clemens,
A.K.A. Mark Twain)

When in doubt hit the throttle. It may not help but it sure ends the
suspense. (Gaz, r.moto)

mark

HMMMM....
another funky website that shows different things to different
browsers... I was searching for a wet cutting tile saw and upon my
browser pops up a picture of set of thin combination wrenches but whose
title is $90 wet cutting tile saw....

yes, I was indeed having tiling troubles, went and got a real wet saw
with a diamond blade, all better now. Wonder if it would cut rock(as in
lapidary type of hobby) after the bathroom floor is done being tiled?

BTW, (metal content), gonna save all the brass from the fixtures and
melt it into something worthwhile like a cannon, yellow cartridge brass
is HORRIBLE to get some decent results whilst casting.

the other "mark"

wrote:

[...]

Toolbert

"mark" wrote in message
HMMMM....
another funky website that shows different things to different
browsers... I was searching for a wet cutting tile saw and upon my
browser pops up a picture of set of thin combination wrenches but whose
title is $90 wet cutting tile saw....

yes, I was indeed having tiling troubles, went and got a real wet saw
with a diamond blade, all better now. Wonder if it would cut rock(as in
lapidary type of hobby) after the bathroom floor is done being tiled?

Rock saws (slabbing saws at least) differ only in that they cut with a very
slow feed, and need a good way to clamp the rock so it can't twist and wreck
the blade.

I did a floor tile project a couple years ago and gave up on the "nippers"
and on a dry-cut saw - strong tile, just too hard and brittle for any
snap-cuts other than full straight lines across the tile. I didn't want to
buy a cheap junk wet saw and the ones that look worthwhile cost too much to
justify.

I have an older heavy duty 10" abrasive chopsaw that looked like it would
stand up to getting wet, and adapted it to the job. Loc-line nozzles on
both sides of the blade with a tee and adapter to feed it from a garden
hose. 10" wet-cut diamond blade from H.D. that happened to have the same
arbor hole. Temporarily replaced the vise with a bolted-down 1/4" bar to
serve as a fence. Set it up outside.

It worked great - used the basic "chop" action for full and partial cuts.
For shaping around e.g. the toilet flange, made parallel kerfs to the right
depth and then broke out the strips with the nippers.

At first I was obviously using too much feed pressure and was burning the
blade and tile even with a flood of water. The right "feel" became apparent
pretty quick.

Bob