Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Zipper

Default Getting Argon Gas on Saturday

Hello I recently got a new HTP Invertig 201 thanks to some suggestions on
this newsgroup, I've been very happy with it (can't say the same about my
skill though), but I have run out of Argon gas for it. Work takes up most of
my day so I can not normally get over to a welding store to buy more Argon
Gas. All of the welding stores that I have been to are all closed on
Saturday/Sunday, so I was curious if anyone knew somewhere around Atlanta,
preferably near Marietta, that is open on Saturday or Sunday that can fill
Argon Gas tanks. Thanks.

-Zipper

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Pete C.

Zipper wrote:

Hello I recently got a new HTP Invertig 201 thanks to some suggestions on
this newsgroup, I've been very happy with it (can't say the same about my
skill though), but I have run out of Argon gas for it. Work takes up most of
my day so I can not normally get over to a welding store to buy more Argon
Gas. All of the welding stores that I have been to are all closed on
Saturday/Sunday, so I was curious if anyone knew somewhere around Atlanta,
preferably near Marietta, that is open on Saturday or Sunday that can fill
Argon Gas tanks. Thanks.

-Zipper

Dunno about your area, but in the Dallas area Home Depot carries BOC
welding gasses including Argon, Tractor Supply has the same from another
company, both are of course open on Saturday.

Pete C.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Richard W.

"Pete C." wrote in message
Zipper wrote:

Hello I recently got a new HTP Invertig 201 thanks to some suggestions

on
this newsgroup, I've been very happy with it (can't say the same about

my
skill though), but I have run out of Argon gas for it. Work takes up

most of
my day so I can not normally get over to a welding store to buy more

Argon
Gas. All of the welding stores that I have been to are all closed on
Saturday/Sunday, so I was curious if anyone knew somewhere around

Atlanta,
preferably near Marietta, that is open on Saturday or Sunday that can

fill
Argon Gas tanks. Thanks.

-Zipper

Here in Molalla Oregon you can trade bottles at the NAPA store on any day of
the week including Sunday. They also can custom make you a hydraulic hose
for your backhoe too.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Keith Marshall

Dunno about your area, but in the Dallas area Home Depot carries BOC
welding gasses including Argon, Tractor Supply has the same from another
company, both are of course open on Saturday.

If your Tractor Supply uses Gas Pony like the ones in and around Charlotte,
NC they don't carry pure argon. Only 75% argon / 25% CO2 MIG gas.

http://www.gaspony.com/weldinggaspage.htm

Best Regards,
Keith Marshall

"I'm not grown up enough to be so old!"

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Pete C.

Keith Marshall wrote:

Dunno about your area, but in the Dallas area Home Depot carries BOC
welding gasses including Argon, Tractor Supply has the same from another
company, both are of course open on Saturday.

If your Tractor Supply uses Gas Pony like the ones in and around Charlotte,
NC they don't carry pure argon. Only 75% argon / 25% CO2 MIG gas.

http://www.gaspony.com/weldinggaspage.htm

Best Regards,
Keith Marshall

"I'm not grown up enough to be so old!"

I don't know if they have pure Argon, I get mine at Airgas which is
about the same distance from me. I do recall seeing Argon listed on the
cylinder cage signs out front of my local Home Depot.

Pete C.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
ATP*

"Zipper" zipper777ATcomcastDOTnet wrote in message
. ..
Hello I recently got a new HTP Invertig 201 thanks to some suggestions on
this newsgroup, I've been very happy with it (can't say the same about my
skill though), but I have run out of Argon gas for it. Work takes up most
of my day so I can not normally get over to a welding store to buy more
Argon Gas. All of the welding stores that I have been to are all closed on
Saturday/Sunday, so I was curious if anyone knew somewhere around Atlanta,
preferably near Marietta, that is open on Saturday or Sunday that can fill
Argon Gas tanks. Thanks.

-Zipper

You could stop at the Varsity but I don't think that would produce Argon
gas..........

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
daniel peterman

You be lucky in Molalla. The girl at the local Napa here didn't even
know how to use a tubing cutter for copper flexible 3/8"
I told her to sell me a "generous" foot of the stuff and she sold me a
yard of it.
I just smiled, paid, and exited

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gunner Asch

On Sun, 01 Jan 2006 11:40:35 -0800, Larry Jaques
wrote:

On Sun, 1 Jan 2006 08:25:04 -0800, with neither quill nor qualm,
(daniel peterman) quickly quoth:

You be lucky in Molalla. The girl at the local Napa here didn't even
know how to use a tubing cutter for copper flexible 3/8"
I told her to sell me a "generous" foot of the stuff and she sold me a
yard of it.
I just smiled, paid, and exited

A girl in a NAPA auto parts store? I've never seen one working there
in any of the various NAPA stores I've been in for decades. I like it,
but couldn't they hire someone a BIT more savvy? Every NAPA guy I've
talked with was very knowledgeable. Have all the good old guys retired
and they're now stocking stores with currently-schooled folks? That's
a scary thought. What's going to happen to the USA when our couple of
generations are gone?

The local Southern Auto here is staffed with nothing but women..and
they are damned good. I play a game with them..walk in, hand em
something..tell em I need a new one..and they can, about 96% of the
time..give me a new one without asking a question. I did stump em a
couple times with volvo parts though...

Gunner

================================================= ==========
Save the Endangered Bouillons from being cubed!
http://www.diversify.com/stees.html Hilarious T-shirts online
================================================= ==========

for torturing the cat." Gunner

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Joseph Gwinn

wrote:

[...]

Reminds me of a girl that worked in the parts department of a Baltimore
outfit called "British Auto Parts" or the like, in the 1970s. You would
walk in, describe the left-handed wobulator that went under the right
side of the whatever, she would pause a heartbeat, spit out a 27-digit
stock number, disappear into the back, and come back 10 minutes later
with the correct part. Rumour had it that she had photographic memory,
but didn't know what the stuff she fetched actually did. Not that it
mattered.

Joe Gwinn
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
J. Clarke

ATP* wrote:

"Zipper" zipper777ATcomcastDOTnet wrote in message
. ..
Hello I recently got a new HTP Invertig 201 thanks to some suggestions on
this newsgroup, I've been very happy with it (can't say the same about my
skill though), but I have run out of Argon gas for it. Work takes up most
of my day so I can not normally get over to a welding store to buy more
Argon Gas. All of the welding stores that I have been to are all closed
on Saturday/Sunday, so I was curious if anyone knew somewhere around
Atlanta, preferably near Marietta, that is open on Saturday or Sunday
that can fill Argon Gas tanks. Thanks.

-Zipper

You could stop at the Varsity but I don't think that would produce Argon

That close to Tech you're likely to get just about _anything_.

--
--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate