Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
lens

Default How to prevent MT2 arbor from sticking in lathe tailstock?

My MT2 drill chuck got stuck in my lathe tailstock. I did not want to
crank *too too* hard trying to push the arbor out for fear of damaging
feed threads. I finally got it out by taking apart the tailstock and
heating the ram (if that's the right term) with a little propane torch.
Tapping a rod thru the ram then popped the chuck out. Tapping the rod
did not work until I added the heat.

My question is how do I prevent the chuck (or other arbors) from
sticking (that much) in the first place?

Jacobs Chuck on Jet Mini Lathe AWood70928 Woodturning 27 June 30th 04 07:29 PM
New Mini Lathe Darrell Feltmate Woodturning 3 December 27th 03 02:19 AM
Lathe price Cuezilla Metalworking 13 October 6th 03 06:42 PM
Logan Lathe Tool Gloat Grant Erwin Metalworking 9 September 18th 03 07:45 AM
Club lathe reccomendations WANTED Bob Hewson Woodturning 2 July 14th 03 12:15 AM