Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
tomcas

Default How to prevent MT2 arbor from sticking in lathe tailstock?

lens wrote:
The Lathe in question is a new Wabeco D3000E. I know they are not that
common so FYI:

http://www.mdaprecision.com/Products...0E/D3000E.html

I am the only owner so I know it hasn't been abused (yet). The arbor
and drill chuck are also pretty new and look to be ding free. Thanks
for the suggestions. I will try the "fork" idea if it happens again and
also get one of those taper cleaners.

BTW. I discolored the ram a bit when I heated it but everything seems
to fit back together OK. Did I upset the hardening or anything like
that? If so, can I (or should I) do anything about it?

It looks like the Morse taper drivers tangs are not needed according to
your link. My experience has been that any dings make tapers not stick
so don't waste you time with a cleaner. You need to eat your Wheaties
and not be so afraid of using a little muscle.