Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Roy

Default Question on bandsaw wheels / tires

I know about needing a crown, but is a crown necessary on all three or
two wheels of a bandsaw or just the wheel used for tracking? Reason
I ask is that my belt sander I bought has only one crowned wheel out
of three, the belt snader I made uses only one crowned wheel, but the
premade polyurethane tires you buy for bandsaws are all pre-crowned.

IIRC only the tracking adjustment wheel on the DoAll at work was
crowned, but then again it was pretty hard to really tell if the
others may or may not have been crowned as the tires on it were very
old and worn and made up of mostly rubber inner tube material and
electrical tape, but it seemed to track fine.

So, do I need to crown one, two or all three wheels? If only one or
two which ones require it. I was going to crown all three, but that
can change if there really is no need for it.

Thanks for any input.
Roy
I had no input whatsoever.
Remove "nospam" from email addy.