Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Larry Jaques

Default Cheap source for Casio G-shock watches?

On Mon, 26 Dec 2005 11:30:58 -0600, with neither quill nor qualm, Don
Foreman quickly quoth:

The cheap Casios keep time just fine; the problem is the plastic
"crystal" getting scratched up and pitted by hot sparks.

So flip it to the inside of your wrist whilst ARCing, Don.

A GPS also has an "atomic" (cesium) clock, a few miles up. I just
check my watch against my GPS every few months. Last time I
checked, it was right on: it correctly said "Tuesday".....

No matter how hard you try, you cannot baptize a cat.
----------------------------
http://www.diversify.com Comprehensive Website Development
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gunner Asch

On Mon, 26 Dec 2005 17:32:35 -0600, Don Foreman
wrote:

On Mon, 26 Dec 2005 13:30:48 -0500, Leon Fisk
wrote:

On Mon, 26 Dec 2005 00:52:14 -0600, Don Foreman
wrote:
snip
then I plan to get serious about the 3-watt
LED conversion for the MX991/U. I think I have an elex design that
will do the job. Driving a 3-watt Lux from 1.8 volts (end of life
for 2 alky cells) is a bit of a challenge but oy think oyve got it
now.

snip

Hi Don,

I was curious to see if this light was what I thought it
was, so I googled for some images. Came across the following
page, which you may find of interest:

http://elektrolumens.com/AngleLux/AngleLux.html

So... It definitely looks like it should be a workable
design.

Wish you the best of luck with this.

Thanks! I didn't know about that offering. Not a bad price, either.
I wonder if it produces constant brightness throughout battery life,
and if it sucks the batteries clear dry. My guess is that he uses
something like the Zetex chip, which does a pretty good job of using
up the battery but dwindles to about half output as batteries age.
That's consistent with the 8 hours per battery set that he claims.

I plan to use a larger reflector -- 35 mm rather than 27 mm.
There's room for it in the MX991\U. The reflector is more important
than the power in terms of spot brightness and tightness.

These are nitpicks, of course. It looks like Electrolumens makes some
pretty good LED lights.

Don, email me your snail mail addy.

Gunner

for torturing the cat." Gunner

Cheap drills Simon Pleasants UK diy 11 June 22nd 04 12:17 AM
New Source for a "NICE" and cheap DROs John Flanagan Metalworking 12 February 21st 04 02:25 AM
(Found while surfing) Interesting, cheap source of parts, schematics, repair docs... ~^Johnny^~ Electronics Repair 8 December 18th 03 02:03 PM
WTD: Source of cheap NiMH batteries Jason Arthurs UK diy 6 September 1st 03 03:50 PM
Cheap source for Electrical skirting trunking? Alex H UK diy 2 August 8th 03 08:52 AM