Posted to alt.machines.cnc,rec.crafts.metalworking
Cliff

Default How to make more accurate/precise machines from less accurate ones?

On Fri, 16 Dec 2005 22:39:00 GMT, "John R. Carroll"
wrote:

You will also learn a
lot about how a machine tool works structurally.

There are books on machine design too.
Engineering textbooks as well.
A branch of Physics called Mechanics applies (hi, BB g)
(Suggest at least three terms of Calculus first.)

Analog computers used to be used for "solving" some classes
of such (practical applied) problems. I wonder if they still are.
--
Cliff
Posted to alt.machines.cnc,rec.crafts.metalworking
T.Alan Kraus

Cliff wrote:

Analog computers used to be used for "solving" some classes
of such (practical applied) problems. I wonder if they still are.

I wish I still had my little swiss Kurta coffee mill grinder calculator.

cheers
T.Alan
Posted to alt.machines.cnc,rec.crafts.metalworking
Ivan Vegvary

I wish I still had my little swiss Kurta coffee mill grinder calculator.

cheers
T.Alan

I first used a Kurta (Curta?) back in 1964 working for Calif. Div. of
Highways. Would have loved to have one of my own, but, they cost almost a
month's salary. Since we needed at least 8 place accuracy, the Kurta's were
wonderful.

Ivan Vegvary

Posted to alt.machines.cnc,rec.crafts.metalworking
T.Alan Kraus

Ivan Vegvary wrote:
I first used a Kurta (Curta?) back in 1964 working for Calif. Div. of
Highways. Would have loved to have one of my own, but, they cost almost a
month's salary. Since we needed at least 8 place accuracy, the Kurta's were
wonderful.

Ivan Vegvary

It is (was) Curta, I believe I misspelled it. I used mine from '67 to
'71 in school, then it was stolen and I bought one of the first 4 banger
electronic calculators, and that wasn't cheap either. Today I'd rather
have the Curta.

cheers
T.Alan