Posted to alt.machines.cnc,rec.crafts.metalworking
T.Alan Kraus

Default How to make more accurate/precise machines from less accurateones?

Ivan Vegvary wrote:
I first used a Kurta (Curta?) back in 1964 working for Calif. Div. of
Highways. Would have loved to have one of my own, but, they cost almost a
month's salary. Since we needed at least 8 place accuracy, the Kurta's were
wonderful.

Ivan Vegvary

It is (was) Curta, I believe I misspelled it. I used mine from '67 to
'71 in school, then it was stolen and I bought one of the first 4 banger
electronic calculators, and that wasn't cheap either. Today I'd rather
have the Curta.

cheers
T.Alan