Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Too_Many_Tools

Default The Model Engineer Support Page Down?

Does anyone know what is going on with this site?

The Model Engineer Support Page

http://easyweb.easynet.co.uk/~chrish/

TMT

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Andrew Mawson

"Too_Many_Tools" wrote in message
oups.com...
Does anyone know what is going on with this site?

The Model Engineer Support Page

http://easyweb.easynet.co.uk/~chrish/

TMT

Chris Heapy dissapeared from view round about the time of the Tsunami
just after last Christmas and no one so far (as far as I know) has
heard much from him since. There was a posting from him seen by some
that was post Tsunami so our worst fears at the time seem unfounded,
but I gather he got fed up with abuse from people using his excellent
site and just stopped. The sales and wants bit was replaced by John
Stevenson and Charles Ping on a site called 'Homeworkshop' which is
here - http://www.homeworkshop.org.uk/ but it is a shame that the
site by Chris ceased to be active due to apparently an unappreciative
few. It seems that the static data on the original site remains but
nothing is being updated

AWEM

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Abrasha

Too_Many_Tools wrote:
Does anyone know what is going on with this site?

The Model Engineer Support Page

http://easyweb.easynet.co.uk/~chrish/

TMT

Oh no, one of my all time favorite sites on the Net. It would be a
bummer if this one has bitten the dust.

I corresponded with Chris Heapy of that site several years ago. I still
have a couple of email addresses. I don't know if they are current, the
last time I wrote to him was over 4 1/2 years ago.

Here they are. and

I would think that the second one would be the more logical one, given
the URL of the site.

If you email him and find out, please let us know.

Abrasha
http://www.abrasha.com
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Abrasha wrote:

Here they are. C h r i s H e a p y @

---

btinternet.com

and C h r i s h

--- @easynet.co.uk

I would think that the second one would be the more logical one, given
the URL of the site.

If you email him and find out, please let us know.

Abrasha
http://www.abrasha.com

unobfuscated posting of another persons email isn't a very nice thing
to do unless it is a public address.

Wes S

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Too_Many_Tools

Well, the site is not working.

If is gone, it is a loss for all of us....it was VERY GOOD.

I will try to contact Mr. Heapy but in the past I have never gotten an
email response.

If anyone knows him, let him know that his web presence is missed. He
was great on documenting his work and his interests were many.

TMT

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Abrasha

Too_Many_Tools wrote:
Well, the site is not working.

If is gone, it is a loss for all of us....it was VERY GOOD.

I will try to contact Mr. Heapy but in the past I have never gotten an
email response.

I used to email with him from time to time about a certain project on
his site.

I just tried to write again to both of the addresses I have for him, to
find out what happened to his site. Both bounced back as undeliverable.

Abrasha
http://www.abrasha.com

OT Guns more Guns Cliff Metalworking 519 December 12th 04 05:52 AM
Model engineering book (brand new)for sale on ebay Herbie Metalworking 0 August 23rd 04 01:29 PM
Carport pipe support rusted out Dan Hartung Home Repair 0 July 1st 04 07:44 AM
I want a full refund on my engineer's report Tony Home Ownership 5 April 27th 04 12:01 AM
Understanding Engineers GeoffH Metalworking 14 October 9th 03 02:18 PM