Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default C5 collet same as 5C collet?

Is a C5 collet the same as a 5C collet? I have seen someone selling
collets that are differentiated as some being 5C and some being C5. I
have 5C chucks, etc, and want to know if C5 are interchangeable.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gunner Asch

On Sat, 03 Dec 2005 12:50:31 -0600, Jon Elson

Is a C5 collet the same as a 5C collet? I have seen someone selling
collets that are differentiated as some being 5C and some being C5. I
have 5C chucks, etc, and want to know if C5 are interchangeable.

I've never heard of a C5. (Maybe an improved version of C4 explosive?

As far as I know, the only thing close is the 5C, and its little brother
the 3C. I think it is just a seller that doesn't know it is 5C.

Jon

There is of course the 4C

Gunner, who has a Kitakura second ops that uses it..

for torturing the cat." Gunner
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
jim rozen

In article , Gunner Asch says...

As far as I know, the only thing close is the 5C, and its little brother
the 3C. I think it is just a seller that doesn't know it is 5C.

There is of course the 4C

Gunner, who has a Kitakura second ops that uses it..

The hardinge vertical heads for the toolroom mills uses those
too. As well as the smaller cataract hardinge lathes. They
made "47" machines, like the "59" machines.

Jim

please reply to:

Jacobs Power Collet experience anyone? eganders Woodworking 7 October 20th 05 01:22 AM
Collet comparison chart?? steamer Metalworking 3 September 30th 05 06:34 AM
problems w/ jacobs 900 series collet chuck, have questions - need answers Aribert Metalworking 2 August 3rd 04 12:04 PM
Router collet sizes Mike UK diy 6 March 31st 04 02:24 PM
Will 5C collet hold my work? Ed Metalworking 9 October 14th 03 06:03 AM