steamer

Default Collet comparison chart??

--Here's the thing: I've got a Myford Super 7B with a collet
closer mounted at the moment. I'm having problems with the collets
overheating, then jamming in the closer, so they won't pop open. I'm
hunting around for info on the closer, the collets, etc. I got out
Machinery's Handbook (23rd ed.) and was slightly astonished to discover
the word "collet" isn't in the table of contents! So what I'm looking for
is a list of dimensions for the Myford MA99E collet, to compare it with
other collets that might do the same job. I've heard that this is similar
to the B&S #10, but I can't find dimensions for that one either!
--Is there a central archive online that lists dimensions for
*all* collets?
--TIA,

--
"Steamboat Ed" Haas : You just can't beat
Hacking the Trailing Edge! : cruisin' in a steamboat
Fred R

http://www.cox-internet.com/drspiff/...ts/Collets.htm

--
Fred R
________________
DoN. Nichols

According to Fred R :
steamer wrote:
--Here's the thing: I've got a Myford Super 7B with a collet
closer mounted at the moment. I'm having problems with the collets
overheating, then jamming in the closer, so they won't pop open. I'm
hunting around for info on the closer, the collets, etc. I got out
Machinery's Handbook (23rd ed.) and was slightly astonished to discover
the word "collet" isn't in the table of contents!

IIRC -- the _Machinery's Handbook_ table of collet dimensions
did not appear until the 25th edition -- and even that does not have all
dimensions for the collets covered.

So what I'm looking for
is a list of dimensions for the Myford MA99E collet, to compare it with
other collets that might do the same job. I've heard that this is similar
to the B&S #10, but I can't find dimensions for that one either!

Well ... that is pretty much obsolete by now, I believe -- as are
the Morse Taper collets -- though some hobby machines still use them.

--Is there a central archive online that lists dimensions for
*all* collets?
--TIA,

http://www.cox-internet.com/drspiff/...ts/Collets.htm

Enjoy,
DoN.
--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564
Abrasha

DoN. Nichols wrote:
According to Fred R :

steamer wrote:

[...]

I use Morse taper collets in my milling machine and in my dividing head.
The ones in my dividing head were custom made for me by Hardinge.

Hardinge will custom make pretty much any collet for you that you can
think of.

Abrasha
http://www.abrasha.com

Too good to be true? Gene T Woodworking 222 August 2nd 05 10:03 PM
Atlas ESR60 added to comparison chart John Bachman Electronics Repair 0 May 1st 05 02:45 PM
problems w/ jacobs 900 series collet chuck, have questions - need answers Aribert Metalworking 2 August 3rd 04 12:04 PM
Router collet sizes Mike UK diy 6 March 31st 04 02:24 PM
Will 5C collet hold my work? Ed Metalworking 9 October 14th 03 06:03 AM