Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gunner Asch

Default C5 collet same as 5C collet?

On Sat, 03 Dec 2005 12:50:31 -0600, Jon Elson

Is a C5 collet the same as a 5C collet? I have seen someone selling
collets that are differentiated as some being 5C and some being C5. I
have 5C chucks, etc, and want to know if C5 are interchangeable.

I've never heard of a C5. (Maybe an improved version of C4 explosive?

As far as I know, the only thing close is the 5C, and its little brother
the 3C. I think it is just a seller that doesn't know it is 5C.

Jon

There is of course the 4C

Gunner, who has a Kitakura second ops that uses it..

for torturing the cat." Gunner