Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
John Wizman

Default softening nylon 6/6

I have some small nylon 6/6 dowels that I need to fit in some brass tubes.
Due to the shoulders in the brass an the mating grooves in the nylon I can't
just force the nylon into the brass. I ned a good way of heating the Nylon
up so that it will be more forgiving and ease in. The groove is .014 radius
deep and the shoulder in the brass tubing is like wise. I was thinking
about using a microwave for this, should that work?
sincerely,
John

nylon hardware [email protected] Electronics Repair 8 July 1st 05 05:37 AM
Nylon Carpets andrewpreece UK diy 13 April 29th 05 09:45 PM
Can I dye nylon? Rich UK diy 6 February 8th 05 06:36 PM
simi off topic nylon gear with broken tooth in paper shredder Karl Vorwerk Metalworking 14 January 31st 05 10:35 AM
Softening old tins of polyurethane Timothy Murphy UK diy 4 August 30th 04 03:28 AM