Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Joe Lynch

Default Neville Shute Fans

Any metal workers out there who like Neville Shute's books should
check out Amazon or Barnes & Noble's web sites for The Mannerheim
Line and The Last Flight of the Blue Goose. Here are some reader
comments from Amazon that got me hooked:

Reviewer: A reader
As a Nevil Shute fan I always wondered what happened to the Viceroy
parked in the rear of the Airspeed Ltd. hangar that Shute described in
his book Slide Rule. Now I know. Airspeed Ltd., Nevil Norway and the
Viceroy are all packed into The Mannerheim Line. If you like Nevil
Shute you'll like this book--it's a great read.

Reviewer: A reader
WWII story and mystery with a twist will prove a good read for history
buffs and mystery fans alike. A lot of interesting detail on WWII
vintage aircraft with a good plot. Anyone who enjoyed "Trustee from the
Toolroom" by Neville Shute will also enjoy The Last Flight of the Blue
Goose.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jim Stewart

Joe Lynch wrote:
[...]

As a Nevil Shute fan, I would also recommend:

No Highway
Around the Bend
Sliderule

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gerald Miller

On Sat, 19 Nov 2005 16:29:24 -0800, Jim Stewart
wrote:

Joe Lynch wrote:
[...]

Or anything else written by him.
Gerry :-)}
London, Canada
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Bob Martin

in 790078 20051119 222518 "Joe Lynch" wrote:
[...]

I was very interested to read this as the house I have lived in for the last
40 years was built by a friend and colleague of Neville Norway. He told
me that Neville was a frequent visitor to the house, which also played
host to Amy Johnson and Battle of Britain ace Johnny Kent.

The old Airspeed factory was on Portsmouth airfield, just a few miles
from here, but the airfield site is now an industrial estate and has roads
named Norway Road and Neville Shute Road.
http://www.streetmap.co.uk/newmap.srf?x=466026&y=103765&z=1&sv=norway+road&st =6&tl=Norway+Road,+Portsmouth,+PO3&searchp=newsear ch.srf&mapp=newmap.srf