Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Stickman

Default National Hydraulic Shear ?

I am thinking of purchasing a National 5216 hydraulic shear. Can anyone give
me any pros or cons on this shear? Concerns are line of sight to cutting
edge and standard backgauge.....are the rules engraved in bars like a
Tennsmith?

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Both are lower end American shears. If it is not used and you are
buying new, set your sights a little higher and buy a PEXTO, Wysong or
Cincinnati used. You will be happier in the long run.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Stickman

well actually I am looking into a brand new Pexto PH-452.....I just want
something better than my current Tennsmith 52" air shear. Am I right to
assume hydraulic will be better? Also I see you are familiar with the
Pexto.....do you have to start the machine every time you cut stock? Wasn't
sure if the motor just runs when pedal is depressed or etc. Thanks for your
input.
wrote in message
oups.com...
Both are lower end American shears. If it is not used and you are
buying new, set your sights a little higher and buy a PEXTO, Wysong or
Cincinnati used. You will be happier in the long run.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gunner Asch

On Sat, 19 Nov 2005 21:43:08 GMT, "Stickman" wrote:

well actually I am looking into a brand new Pexto PH-452.....I just want
something better than my current Tennsmith 52" air shear. Am I right to
assume hydraulic will be better? Also I see you are familiar with the
Pexto.....do you have to start the machine every time you cut stock? Wasn't
sure if the motor just runs when pedal is depressed or etc. Thanks for your
input.
wrote in message
roups.com...
Both are lower end American shears. If it is not used and you are
buying new, set your sights a little higher and buy a PEXTO, Wysong or
Cincinnati used. You will be happier in the long run.

To the best of my knowledge..all hydraulic shears need to be turned on
before operation..so the pump runs when its turned on.

Which can be noisy..

Gunner

for torturing the cat." Gunner

Request for help with steel shaft deflection problem John2005 Metalworking 14 October 11th 05 12:59 AM
Myths of Hurricane Katrina Pookie Home Repair 105 September 13th 05 12:32 AM
Metal Working Machinery New and Used in Australia and for Export [email protected] Metalworking 0 February 23rd 05 02:54 AM
OT Guns more Guns Cliff Metalworking 519 December 12th 04 05:52 AM
Snowblower and Shear Torque: Pointer to info?? Terry King Metalworking 15 January 19th 04 12:21 AM