Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Richard Ferguson

Default Twisting plate?

I know that one can bend plate in a slip roll or with a press brake.
But how can one put a twist in plate, like taking a strip of plate and
twisting it such that the bottom becomes the top? Is that just a matter
of putting a bend at an odd angle? But how can I get a very different
radius at each end of the bend? With sheet metal, it is pretty easy
with hand tools and jigs.

I confess that I have never even seen a press brake, and have limited
experience with slip rollers.

If you want to know why I want to know, or a picture of the application,
click this link:

http://fergusonsculpture.home.att.net/mobius.html

Richard

--