John Moorhead

Default Warped outer plate - query

Folks -

I've finally gotten around to setting up a router table - I am building the
"Swiss Army Knife" version that was featured in FWW several issues back.

The plastic plate that I have for mounting the router is about 12" square...
Unfortunately, now that I am ready to mount the so and so in the table, I've
discovered that the plate is cupped, with a crown of about 1/16+ in the
middle. So, is there any way that this warp can be reliably removed (heat?)
or should I put "pull down" screws to suck the plate down to the table when
the router is installed? The plate is ~1/2" thick. Yes, I know... Buy
another plate... But kinda need to get the table going, albeit roughly, to
finish a project for Christmas, and I can't get a piece of plastic (or
aluminum) of that size locally. I suppose I could make do and make another
plate out of plywood, but thought I'd get some feedback here.

Thanks in advance,

John Moorhead

Swingman

"John Moorhead" wrote in message

Have you tried mounting and hanging the router? One, or both, may well take
enough "cup" out to make it usable until you can find a flatter insert.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 11/06/04

..

On Wed, 15 Dec 2004 19:11:12 GMT, "John Moorhead"
wrote:

[...]

that warp just might be intentional. try measuring it again with the
router hanging from it. heck, it may give you an excuse to buy a
heavier router.

"But honey, I NEED it..."