John Moorhead

Default Warped outer plate - query

Folks -

I've finally gotten around to setting up a router table - I am building the
"Swiss Army Knife" version that was featured in FWW several issues back.

The plastic plate that I have for mounting the router is about 12" square...
Unfortunately, now that I am ready to mount the so and so in the table, I've
discovered that the plate is cupped, with a crown of about 1/16+ in the
middle. So, is there any way that this warp can be reliably removed (heat?)
or should I put "pull down" screws to suck the plate down to the table when
the router is installed? The plate is ~1/2" thick. Yes, I know... Buy
another plate... But kinda need to get the table going, albeit roughly, to
finish a project for Christmas, and I can't get a piece of plastic (or
aluminum) of that size locally. I suppose I could make do and make another
plate out of plywood, but thought I'd get some feedback here.

Thanks in advance,

John Moorhead