DanG

Default Twisting plate?

Here is an overly simplistic answer. If you can cut, fold, curl
or modify a piece of paper to look like what you are after, it can
be done in metal. Look at and analyze exactly what it is that you
do to the piece of paper to get what you are after, you will need
to exercise the exact forces to the metal. The difference will be
that it may take more than just your fingers, a scissors, and a
roll of scotch tape to accomplish the task. Metal will actually
do more things than paper, it can be made into bulges and
depressions that are not possible to accomplish with the piece of
paper due to metal's ability to shrink and stretch.

The sculpture piece you reference did not use a break of any type.
It may have used a shear and may have used a roller, but was
probably done with hand snips and hand pressure, solder, and a lot
of sand paper.

(top posted for your convenience)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Keep the whole world singing . . . .
DanG (remove the sevens)

"Richard Ferguson" wrote
in message
I know that one can bend plate in a slip roll or with a press
brake. But how can one put a twist in plate, like taking a strip
of plate and twisting it such that the bottom becomes the top?
Is that just a matter of putting a bend at an odd angle? But how
can I get a very different radius at each end of the bend? With
sheet metal, it is pretty easy with hand tools and jigs.

I confess that I have never even seen a press brake, and have
limited experience with slip rollers.

If you want to know why I want to know, or a picture of the
application, click this link:

http://fergusonsculpture.home.att.net/mobius.html

Richard

--