Dixon

Default machine auction tips for great deals

If you are tired of paying top dollar at machine auctions here's an idea.
You simply take a piece of steel, high carbon alloy works best, and with a
stick welder, lay several beads of many varying lengths on it. The high
carb. will often crack lengthwise down the weld. Then bring the block to a
wire edm shop and have them shave the welds off flush with the block. What
you now have are ugly cracked welds of differant lengths with perfectly flat
backs. Arrive early at the auction and simply wipe off areas on the ways of
the machines you want to bid on, and with a drop of super glue stick the
welds on. For some reason nobody ever tries to pick the weld off, and its
just amazes me how little interest there is in a lathe, mill, cmm, any cnc,
with cracked weld all the way across the ways. This is how we buy all our
equiptment.

We hope you learned from us;
Purchasing Dept.
Halliburton

P.S. We have a lot of other ideas we will be sharing with you in the future
such as spray-on rust in aerosol cans that wipes of easily with solvents.
This seems to work on precision items such as micrometers, gage blocks, pin
gages etc.

Brian Lawson

Hey Dix,

Love the idea(s)!! How do you do it!!! Lemme know when you will be
auctioning off some of YOUR stuff, as I know now that you won't mind
me doing any of these things to help ME save money and YOU to lose
your shirt. Jes' gotta love it!! Love 'em all!!

Brian Lawson,
Bothwell, Ontario.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
On Fri, 11 Nov 2005 08:52:50 -0500, "Dixon"
wrote:

[...]

HotRod

Why doesn't someone just make some latex rust and welds?? I wonder if the
look could be duplicated using solder and some colouring??? Any pictures you
can post. I'd like to add this to a friends car for April 1st :-)

"Dixon" wrote in message
[...]

Leo Lichtman

"HotRod" wrote: Why doesn't someone just make some latex rust and welds??
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Send for my catalog at www.crookedmoneysavers.com We have various
blister-packed assortments to serve every need. We require cash in advance,
though, because we know the kind of people we're dealing with.

Grant Erwin

Other cool tricks are to steal small parts of the machine so it's worth much
more than you to anyone else. However, why bother? It's so easy to just make a
great living robbing crack dealers at gunpoint ..

GWE
Gunner Asch

On Fri, 11 Nov 2005 14:24:14 -0500, "HotRod"
wrote:

Why doesn't someone just make some latex rust and welds?? I wonder if the
look could be duplicated using solder and some colouring??? Any pictures you
can post. I'd like to add this to a friends car for April 1st :-)

Perhaps we can contact the manufacturer of that very realistic rubber
vomit and fake dog ****. I wonder if we can get a group rate on a
large lot buy?

Gunner

"Dixon" wrote in message
[...]

for torturing the cat." Gunner
mj

Dixon wrote:
If you are tired of paying top dollar at machine auctions here's an idea.

snip

My wife and I just got in a huge argument. I'm ticked off and madder
than hell.

But this was still funny. LOL

Mike

Spehro Pefhany

On Fri, 11 Nov 2005 14:41:00 -0800, the renowned Grant Erwin
wrote:

Other cool tricks are to steal small parts of the machine so it's worth much
more than you to anyone else. However, why bother? It's so easy to just make a
great living robbing crack dealers at gunpoint ..

GWE

I liked the SOB who moved a bunch of the stuff I bought into his pile
before I had a chance to get it out. Auction guys knew *exactly* who
it was too.

Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany