Cliff

Default OT - The New Wars

On 8 Nov 2005 15:23:21 -0800, "tillius"
wrote:

OK, YOU are ignoring the fact that the Euro itself has devalued

Yep. My original focus was responding to the currency cliff used, the
yen,

Which, in fact, I did not use at allG.

which also shows a devaluation against the dollar during the Bush
Admin and a gain in value against the dollar during the same period of
time in the Clinton administration, although the percentages are
different.

And which, based on everything else you have posted, you probably
have ass-backwards as well.

devalued and so you're attempts to show your point are flawed.

If I were trying to point out that the Bush administration had done a
better job keeping the value of the dollar up against ALL of the worlds
currencies, yes, it would be flawed.

Gee .... what "standard" did *I* use while YOU went off
cherrypicking Euros & Yen?

In reality, the value of the dollar against any individual currency
fluctuates due to huge number of factors, only a few of which can be
contributed to the action or inaction of any government, so it is a bad
measure of the success of that governments economic policy.

Unless it's your money & your beloved neocons & wingers
running the government ..... that's YOUR dollar.

My point was that Cliff was just completely WRONG in *facts* he
presented. That I think I did successfully.

You don't actually seem to "think" at all.

If I'd realised Cliff was the OP I wouldn't have contributed at all.

I completely understand that and am at that point myself. I have better
things to do than dig up the facts to correct his misinformation and
feel a little silly that he sucked me into it yet again.

Tillman

And thus keep digging your own holes for my entertainment VBG.
--
Cliff

OT - The New Wars Garlicdude Metalworking 0 November 1st 05 05:31 PM
OT - The New Wars Cliff Metalworking 2 October 30th 05 10:21 AM
Odor Wars Bruce Hilsen Home Repair 2 June 4th 05 04:21 PM
Star Wars DVD Trilogy - THX Calibration Menu ChrisCoaster Electronics Repair 5 May 7th 05 11:26 PM
OT - Discussion, Debate, Arguements & Flame Wars charlie b Woodworking 11 May 22nd 04 06:16 AM