Robert Swinney

Default Klunkers

Check out this link from Dirk Tollenor, pres. of our local metalworking
club. Actually, the link was generated by RCM's old friend, Dave Ficken.
Enjoy!

http://www.mermac.com/klunker2.html

Bob Swinney

Karl Townsend

Check out this link from Dirk Tollenor, pres. of our local metalworking
club. Actually, the link was generated by RCM's old friend, Dave Ficken.
Enjoy!

http://www.mermac.com/klunker2.html

Bob Swinney

BTW, has anyone heard from Dave, or is he still out to sea? (He took a job
as a commercial sailor)

Karl

JWho

"Robert Swinney" wrote in message
Check out this link from Dirk Tollenor, pres. of our local metalworking
club. Actually, the link was generated by RCM's old friend, Dave Ficken.
Enjoy!

http://www.mermac.com/klunker2.html

Bob Swinney

Hey! Pretty cool page. Thanks for sharing that link.

Karl Townsend wrote:
Check out this link from Dirk Tollenor, pres. of our local metalworking
club. Actually, the link was generated by RCM's old friend, Dave Ficken.
Enjoy!

http://www.mermac.com/klunker2.html

Bob Swinney

I had read that back when it was first put up by Dave, and just
stumbled apont it again a few weeks ago and read it again. One of the
great bits of common sense concerning HSM machines, IMHO. It is sort
of like something I read on one of the microscopy sites (microscope
guys are like machine guys, always trying to get that "next little
bit"...) where one guy said that the "best microscope in the world" is
the one that you actually have. Some goes for lathes and such.

AL A.

Robert Swinney

Yeah, Karl - I was wondering about that myself.

Bob Swinney
"Karl Townsend" remove .NOT wrote in
message nk.net...

Check out this link from Dirk Tollenor, pres. of our local metalworking
club. Actually, the link was generated by RCM's old friend, Dave Ficken.
Enjoy!

http://www.mermac.com/klunker2.html

Bob Swinney

BTW, has anyone heard from Dave, or is he still out to sea? (He took a job
as a commercial sailor)

Karl

Robert Swinney

"JWho" wrote in message

"Robert Swinney" wrote in message
Check out this link from Dirk Tollenor, pres. of our local metalworking
club. Actually, the link was generated by RCM's old friend, Dave Ficken.
Enjoy!

http://www.mermac.com/klunker2.html

Bob Swinney

Hey! Pretty cool page. Thanks for sharing that link.

Yeah the gentleman that gave us the link is a retired airline pilot
(National, I think) and a life long builder of small aircraft engines.
Notice I didn't say model "aircraft". I wouldn't want to use a phrase that
might possibly impugn Dirk Tollenor's sense of craftsmanship. He makes
small aircraft engines, suitable for model aircraft use.

Bob Swinney

Pete Bergstrom

Karl Townsend wrote:
BTW, has anyone heard from Dave, or is he still out to sea? (He took a job
as a commercial sailor)

He's popped up a couple of times on the Practical Machinist website that
Jim Rozen and Harold Vordos have mentioned here.

www.practicalmachinist.com

Pete (in St. Paul)

jim rozen

In article , Robert Swinney
says...

http://www.mermac.com/klunker2.html

And the ever-popular:

http://www.mermac.com/freemill2.html

and likewise:

http://www.mermac.com/advicenew.html

I would have had more, but I put some kroil on my keyboard
and all the molecules in the keys came unstuck and the
letters all fell off.

Or something.

:^)

Jim

please reply to:
Mike Henry

"Karl Townsend" remove .NOT wrote in
message nk.net...

Check out this link from Dirk Tollenor, pres. of our local metalworking
club. Actually, the link was generated by RCM's old friend, Dave Ficken.
Enjoy!

http://www.mermac.com/klunker2.html

Bob Swinney

BTW, has anyone heard from Dave, or is he still out to sea? (He took a job
as a commercial sailor)

Karl

He's shown up a few times in the past several months on another MW forum.

Mike