Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Dick

Default Chuck cleaning

I've got a Bison 6 jaw Set-Tru chuck on my lathe and it has got harder and
harder to open and close. I've sprayed in silicon lubricant and Dri-slide a
few times to try and lubricate it. I just decided to take it apart and clean
it. I've got the jaws out of it now and there was no swarf in there and very
little dirt. what I have found is the dry lubricant that I have sprayed into
it. I'm in the process of cleaning it now and was wondering if it supposed
to be lubricated and if so, what should it be lubricated with?
As always, your help will be certainly appreciated.
Dick

--
Richard H. Neighbors
Building and repairing fine billiard cues for real pool players at