Bencrx91

Default Air compressor Intake muffler

I have been looking around for an air compressor intake muffler.

I didn't find any store around, that have them,.. Does anyone have
pointers / store recommendation on where I could possibly find them ?

I have a Husky (Campbell Hausfeld) 60 gal. compressor.

Thanks in advance,
Ben
bill

for a little compressor like that, just make your own - use a soup can,
or coffee can with a filter element from a motorcycle or chain saw.

Winston

Bencrx91 wrote:
I have been looking around for an air compressor intake muffler.

I didn't find any store around, that have them,.. Does anyone have
pointers / store recommendation on where I could possibly find them ?

I have a Husky (Campbell Hausfeld) 60 gal. compressor.

Thanks in advance,
Ben

Ebay. Five bucks plus shipping!
4417101348

--Winston
~Roy

May be way overkill, but I probabaly will never have to clean my air
compressors intake filter in my lifetime and its totally silent.
I obtained a free air filter like used on the the typical 18
wheelers.......perhpas 30-36 inches long and maybe 10 to 12 inches in
diameter, made of wire mesh with pleated filter. One end is stamped
formed steel, other end open with foam compression gasket.....I made a
blankoff plate and used a threaded rod to hold it from one end of
filter to the other, and drilled and tapped plate to fit a PVC fitting
to which I attached a length of the typical shop vac hose of 1 1/2"
diameter. Put filter way up in the rafters in attic, drilled hole
through ceiling, and ran shop vac (air supply hose) from filter to air
compressor.....Quiet and maintenance free........
On Sun, 06 Nov 2005 22:55:21 -0500, Bencrx91
wrote:

===I have been looking around for an air compressor intake muffler.
===
===I didn't find any store around, that have them,.. Does anyone have
===pointers / store recommendation on where I could possibly find them ?
===
===I have a Husky (Campbell Hausfeld) 60 gal. compressor.
===
===Thanks in advance,
===Ben

"The original frugal ponder"