Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Eide

Default best way to duplicate hole in bronze?

Hey all,

I am making some small bevel gauges out of 1/2" x 1/16" bronze. They are
made of a stack of three pieces about 2" long. On the hinge end I need to
get a hole in the same place on all three pieces. I know I can drill all of
them at once, but is there a way to punch the hole? To make some kind of jig
to get the hole punched in the same spot every time? I can do a decent job
with the drill press, but in order to get it right it seems I need to drill
twice, and I want to do better than "decent".
Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Eide