Jim Dauven

Default Butt Hole Road?

My wife does genealogy and one of her long dead ancestors lived in
Fair fax county Virginia along the banks of "****ing CreeK" in the
early 1700's.

I wonder what they changed it to "Intercourse Creek"????

The

Jim Wilson wrote:

Gunner wrote...

I spent some time developing GIS street data for the United States and
saw many incredible street names all over the country. A memorable one in
Marin County, CA is called Chicken Shack Fire Road. Don't know why, but
it stuck with me.

Once during those years, a customer bought an Austin, TX street file from
us, to replace the one she had just returned to our competitor. Seems our
competitor had a disgruntled employee doing data entry. One of the
segments on a main street in downtown Austin had been renamed "My Scrotum
Stinks Bad."

I always wondered what was going through the guy's mind when he sabotaged
that particular file, and what he had been doing at the time.

Jim

Jim Dauven

I find that after talking to my wife that the before mentioned "****ing
creek" was in Louden County and not Fairfax. They did rename it and
now it is called Modesty creek.

The Independent

Jim Wilson wrote:

Gunner wrote...

I spent some time developing GIS street data for the United States and
saw many incredible street names all over the country. A memorable one in
Marin County, CA is called Chicken Shack Fire Road. Don't know why, but
it stuck with me.

Once during those years, a customer bought an Austin, TX street file from
us, to replace the one she had just returned to our competitor. Seems our
competitor had a disgruntled employee doing data entry. One of the
segments on a main street in downtown Austin had been renamed "My Scrotum
Stinks Bad."

I always wondered what was going through the guy's mind when he sabotaged
that particular file, and what he had been doing at the time.

Jim

Gunner

http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm...world.badtaste

I vote for Rectum Road, or Anus Acres

"Ananova:

Family sick of living on Butt Hole Road

A South Yorkshire family have moved home because they are fed up with
their address - Butt Hole Road.

Paul and Lisa Allot, who lived in the £150,000 bungalow with their two
children for 15 months, got sick of people pulling their leg.

They say people posed for pictures outside their house, many of them
with their trousers dropped, reports The Sun.

And pizza deliverymen and taxi drivers refused to call at their home
thinking the address was a joke.

Paul, 30, a lighting installer, said: "I like a laugh but it was beyond
a joke. We've had people steal the street sign and it got to the point
where I dreaded reciting our address.

"I thought it would be nice to rename it Button Hole Road. But it's
easier to move than go through all the hassle of a new name with the
local council."

However, new owner Peter Sutton says he's happy to live on Butt Hole
Road: "I think it'll be fun and I know what to expect."

Story filed: 08:57 Friday 24th October 2003"

Gunner

Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultas habebunt.
The Rifleman

I vote for Rectum Road, or Anus Acres

at least they dont live in Nob End which is near Robin Hoods Bay.

I remember some place being called Plague Pit Road once over.

Myal

"The Rifleman" wrote in message

I vote for Rectum Road, or Anus Acres

at least they dont live in Nob End which is near Robin Hoods Bay.

I remember some place being called Plague Pit Road once over.

I had to work at a place in Dog Swamp , then at Innaloo , both suburbs of
Perth WA
Myal

[email protected] (Leon Skunkers)

On Fri, 24 Oct 2003 09:25:58 +0100, "The Rifleman"
wrote:

I vote for Rectum Road, or Anus Acres

at least they dont live in Nob End which is near Robin Hoods Bay.

I remember some place being called Plague Pit Road once over.

Or near Big Bone Lick.

Some place in Kentucky.

There's a Pickens Nose Trail in N.C.

And Chunky Gal mountain.

Was a headline in a local paper I saw once. Hayesville, I think.

Said something like: "Lost Hikers Found after Miserable Night on
Chunky Gal."

Spehro Pefhany

wrote:

I vote for Rectum Road, or Anus Acres

at least they dont live in Nob End which is near Robin Hoods Bay.

I remember some place being called Plague Pit Road once over.

Or near Big Bone Lick.

Some place in Kentucky.

There's a Pickens Nose Trail in N.C.

And Chunky Gal mountain.

Was a headline in a local paper I saw once. Hayesville, I think.

Said something like: "Lost Hikers Found after Miserable Night on
Chunky Gal."

Dildo, Newfoundland is nothing to sniff at. And it's always amusing to
inform passengers in your car that you're about to pass Ayer. Does
Starrett have factory tours? I hear it's in the Athol of MA.

Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany
Wwj2110

how about "asshole avenue" or " poop chute parkway"
The Rifleman

"Terrence McCann" wrote in message
How about Sphincter Circle? or just Dirt Road? or maybe the Hershey

Highway?

There's Windy Bottom in somerset

Eric R Snow

wrote:

I vote for Rectum Road, or Anus Acres

at least they dont live in Nob End which is near Robin Hoods Bay.

I remember some place being called Plague Pit Road once over.

Close to my place is Dead Goat Road. I wanted to look at some property
there but my wife said NO WAY! Bummer. What a great name. I was hoping
for 666 Dead Goat Road as my new address.
ERS

Jim Roberts

Greetings all,

Let's see, around these parts we have Scratch Ankle and Blow Gourd, AL,
Hanging Dog, NC and Suck Creek, TN.

Suck Creek was actually named that due to the vortex created by the creek
emptying into the Tennessee River with such force at times that it would
"suck" boats into it and sink them. This was before the modern flood
controls were in place, now it's a pretty good fishin' hole.

Regards,
Jim C Roberts

Gerald Miller

wrote:

I vote for Rectum Road, or Anus Acres

at least they dont live in Nob End which is near Robin Hoods Bay.

I remember some place being called Plague Pit Road once over.

Or near Big Bone Lick.

Some place in Kentucky.

There's a Pickens Nose Trail in N.C.

And Chunky Gal mountain.

Was a headline in a local paper I saw once. Hayesville, I think.

Said something like: "Lost Hikers Found after Miserable Night on
Chunky Gal."

Dildo, Newfoundland is nothing to sniff at. And it's always amusing to
inform passengers in your car that you're about to pass Ayer. Does
Starrett have factory tours? I hear it's in the Athol of MA.

Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany

Junior has yet to forgive me for my comment in reference to the
closing of the envelope factory as we passed through Manilla
(Ontario) and a few minutes later, the sock factory in Argyle.
Another time, I needed to locate a survey marker on the end wall of a
pig pen just north of the village of Dog's Nest. Unfortunately, the
building had been expanded and the marker was now on an interior wall
about a foot below the working floor level ( built up pig s**t ) - I
found an alternate marker to work from.
Gerry :-)}
London, Canada
Peter Ashby

And don't forget 'Sluts Hole Lane' in England. Yes it DOES exist. It was
changed to that recently by the local council, some of the residents were
very unhappy, can't think why, it amused me

"Jim Roberts" wrote in message
. ..
Greetings all,

Let's see, around these parts we have Scratch Ankle and Blow Gourd, AL,
Hanging Dog, NC and Suck Creek, TN.

Suck Creek was actually named that due to the vortex created by the

creek
emptying into the Tennessee River with such force at times that it would
"suck" boats into it and sink them. This was before the modern flood
controls were in place, now it's a pretty good fishin' hole.

Regards,
Jim C Roberts

Jeff Wisnia

Gunner wrote:

[...]

If I were the new owner I'd for sure name my home "The Breakwinds", it sounds
classy and fits...

Jeff

--

Jeff Wisnia (W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)

"If you can smile when things are going wrong, you've thought of someone to blame
it on."

On-Liner

"Gunner" wrote

http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm...rdworld.badtas
te

I vote for Rectum Road, or Anus Acres

"Ananova:

Family sick of living on Butt Hole Road

There are actually **** loads of stupidly named places in the UK.

Here are just a few:

Butt Hole Lane, Shepshed, Loughborough, Leicestershire, LE12
Butt Hole Road, Conisbrough, Doncaster, South Yorkshire, DN12

Cock Drove, Downham Market, Norfolk, PE38
Cock Green, Harlow, Essex, CM1
Cock Lane, EN11

Cockburn Close, Leeds, LS11
Cockburn Crescent, Balerno, Midlothian, EH14
Cockburn Drive, Ormiston, Tranent, East Lothian, EH35
Cockburn Place, Coatbridge, Lanarkshire, ML5
Cockburn Square, Pathhead, Midlothian, EH37

Fanny Street, Cardiff, CF24

Ass House Lane, Harrow, Middlesex, HA3

Prickwillow Road, CB7

Dumpers Lane, Chewton Mendip, Bath, BA3
Crapstone Terrace, Crapstone, Yelverton, Devon, PL20

Slaughter House Lane, Newark, Nottinghamshire, NG24

Spehro Pefhany

On Mon, 27 Oct 2003 01:35:53 -0000, the renowned "On-Liner"
wrote:

There are actually **** loads of stupidly named places in the UK.

Here are just a few:

Butt Hole Lane, Shepshed, Loughborough, Leicestershire, LE12
Butt Hole Road, Conisbrough, Doncaster, South Yorkshire, DN12

Cock Drove, Downham Market, Norfolk, PE38
Cock Green, Harlow, Essex, CM1
Cock Lane, EN11

Cockburn Close, Leeds, LS11
Cockburn Crescent, Balerno, Midlothian, EH14
Cockburn Drive, Ormiston, Tranent, East Lothian, EH35
Cockburn Place, Coatbridge, Lanarkshire, ML5
Cockburn Square, Pathhead, Midlothian, EH37

Fanny Street, Cardiff, CF24

Ass House Lane, Harrow, Middlesex, HA3

Prickwillow Road, CB7

Dumpers Lane, Chewton Mendip, Bath, BA3
Crapstone Terrace, Crapstone, Yelverton, Devon, PL20

Slaughter House Lane, Newark, Nottinghamshire, NG24

Apparently the perfectly ordinary town name of "S****horpe" triggers
some e-mail fiters so their mail doesn't get through..

Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany