Wayne Cook

Default Hobart CyberTig foot pedal problems

On Tue, 01 Nov 2005 19:32:41 GMT, Ignoramus4939
wrote:

I have this Hobart CyberTig:

http://igor.chudov.com/projects/Weld...berTig-Welder/

It has two Amphenol connectors, the big fat one for pendant and a 10
pin one for foot pedal.

I bought a 10 pin foot pedal off ebay. Unfortunately, both the foot
pedal as well as my connector on the welder, were male. I bought a 10
pin Amphenol socket, wrote down the current pinout, and unsoldered old
plug and re-soldered the wires to the new socket. I wrote down the
exact pinout, etc etc. I double checked things numerous times.

The trouble is that the pedal seems to have no effect whatsoever. The
valves do not "click", etc.

Before I go on an all out troubleshooting effort, perhaps someone
could point out something obvious that I am missing. I can supply
pictures of the pedal or the welder etc.

From a quick look at the schematics in your manual it looks like
that 10 pin connector isn't for the remote control. Based on what I
found there it's for a special "dabber" torch (what ever that is).

Wayne Cook
Shamrock, TX
http://members.dslextreme.com/users/waynecook/index.htm
Wayne Cook

wrote:

I have this Hobart CyberTig:

http://igor.chudov.com/projects/Weld...berTig-Welder/

It has two Amphenol connectors, the big fat one for pendant and a 10
pin one for foot pedal.

I bought a 10 pin foot pedal off ebay. Unfortunately, both the foot
pedal as well as my connector on the welder, were male. I bought a 10
pin Amphenol socket, wrote down the current pinout, and unsoldered old
plug and re-soldered the wires to the new socket. I wrote down the
exact pinout, etc etc. I double checked things numerous times.

The trouble is that the pedal seems to have no effect whatsoever. The
valves do not "click", etc.

Before I go on an all out troubleshooting effort, perhaps someone
could point out something obvious that I am missing. I can supply
pictures of the pedal or the welder etc.

From a quick look at the schematics in your manual it looks like
that 10 pin connector isn't for the remote control. Based on what I
found there it's for a special "dabber" torch (what ever that is).

Wayne Cook
Shamrock, TX
http://members.dslextreme.com/users/waynecook/index.htm

I suspect that you may be right. Do you think that I can fit that
pedal to the 19 pin pendant connector? (either by re-soldering or
getting a new connector, I would prefer the latter to keep the pendant
100% functional)

I'm sure it can be done but my quick browse through the manual
showed me that you might not manage to get all of the features
available on that plug to work.