Wayne Cook

Default Hobart CyberTig foot pedal problems

On Tue, 01 Nov 2005 19:32:41 GMT, Ignoramus4939
wrote:

I have this Hobart CyberTig:

http://igor.chudov.com/projects/Weld...berTig-Welder/

It has two Amphenol connectors, the big fat one for pendant and a 10
pin one for foot pedal.

I bought a 10 pin foot pedal off ebay. Unfortunately, both the foot
pedal as well as my connector on the welder, were male. I bought a 10
pin Amphenol socket, wrote down the current pinout, and unsoldered old
plug and re-soldered the wires to the new socket. I wrote down the
exact pinout, etc etc. I double checked things numerous times.

The trouble is that the pedal seems to have no effect whatsoever. The
valves do not "click", etc.

Before I go on an all out troubleshooting effort, perhaps someone
could point out something obvious that I am missing. I can supply
pictures of the pedal or the welder etc.

From a quick look at the schematics in your manual it looks like
that 10 pin connector isn't for the remote control. Based on what I
found there it's for a special "dabber" torch (what ever that is).

Wayne Cook
Shamrock, TX
http://members.dslextreme.com/users/waynecook/index.htm