Sunworshipper

Default URGENTLY need to find out a VIN number of bike motor

On Fri, 28 Oct 2005 04:41:18 GMT, Ignoramus21002
wrote:

People, I really need help here. If you answer, please make sure that
your reply is xposted to rec.crafts.metalworking.

I have this motorcycle engine and I urgently need to FIND WHERE THE
VIN NUMBER IS STAMPED ON IT. I looked kind of closely and couldnot
find anything.

http://igor.chudov.com/tmp/suzuki-motor/

Where should I look for VIN?

Thanks a lot. If you know anything about these engines, plz reply.

I need a VIN number. I do not need a motor serial number that is
obviously visible. Do not say "you need something other than what
you are asking for". I need a 17 character VIN number. It should be
supposedly stamped someplace. I already that the motor serial number
starts with R737. I do not need that.

This an't Russia Ig , should have just called Fed Ex back and tell
them they screwed up and come pick it up. Now your screwed, just give
the cop the number that you can find and I bet the cop will say he'll
get back to you and never will. I'd be really surprised if they come
pick it up for their yearly action of recovered stolen property, they
don't even go through that stuff to see if it matches someone's case
#, unless it's a some what complete vehicle. It could have come from
any of the 48 states and a hundred different bikes.

It's probably hot or there would have been a return address. Bet a
year from now it is still taking up your space. I'd ask the cop where
you can drop it off for them, cause your into this way too far, and
relax. The only way I can imagine that they would come to your house
is if they think you might be a complete idiot working at a chop shop.