The Real Bev

Default URGENTLY need to find out a VIN number of bike motor

Ignoramus21002 wrote:
People, I really need help here. If you answer, please make sure that
your reply is xposted to rec.crafts.metalworking.

I have this motorcycle engine and I urgently need to FIND WHERE THE
VIN NUMBER IS STAMPED ON IT. I looked kind of closely and couldnot
find anything.

http://igor.chudov.com/tmp/suzuki-motor/

Where should I look for VIN?

Thanks a lot. If you know anything about these engines, plz reply.

I need a VIN number. I do not need a motor serial number that is
obviously visible. Do not say "you need something other than what
you are asking for". I need a 17 character VIN number. It should be
supposedly stamped someplace. I already that the motor serial number
starts with R737. I do not need that.

People have already given you your answer. I just looked at the California
registration paper for my Kaw KDX175, which says that the VIN is DX175A000058,
which is also stamped on the engine -- I was impressed that it seemed to be a
very low number. You will note that this number does NOT have 17 characters.
Not all VINs have 17 characters. My 1970 truck VIN has only 14 characters,
which means that Carfax can't touch it.

The detective is an asshole. If you need proof, call your DMV and ask. It's
their system, they should know how it works.

--
Cheers,
Bev
Wudsracer

Please pardon me for the cross posting, but it was requested by Iggy.

On Thu, 27 Oct 2005 22:13:08 -0700, The Real Bev wrote:

Ignoramus21002 wrote:
[...]

Yes. What Real Bev and OP Taylor (and several others) have told you.
The engine will have a serial number, but no VIN number, on it.
Your detective is wrong. Really!

Bikes always have the VIN number on the steering head.
ATV manufacturers will hide the damn number anywhere on the frame that
they are so inclined. (sometimes it involves 20 minutes of looking for
a number to determine what year an atv is, in order to make sure that
the correct parts are ordered for repair jobs.)

Good luck to you and Happy Trails!

Jim Cook

Smackover Racing
Gas Gas DE300
Team LAGNAF
www.smackovermotorsports.com
Rex B

The Real Bev wrote:
The detective is an asshole. If you need proof, call your DMV and ask.

Wow, they have that on record?
Must be a thick file!
XR650L_Dave

Cart!