tillius

Default lathe tool carbide insert holders

I got some Carboloy lathe tool carbide insert holders part no: TG24096.

Can I use any brand of carbide insert in these?

What do I have to look for to get carbide inserts that will work with
these holders?

Thanks

TIllman

woodworker88

Check the carboloy website. Kinda expensive though. Find your
toolholder and it will say the insert for it.
You probably can use any insert with the same dimensions and specs.

Funny you have this problem. I have inserts and had no toolholder to
put them in, at least not until I made my own.

tillius

Tried looking at the carboloy website but I can't seem to find a match
for these toolholders.

Maybe I should just put them back up on ebay and hope to recover some
of the moola I spent on them. Got a little over zealous in my bidding.
I should've known exactly what they were before I bought them. I did
find them listed used somewhere else for $10 - $15 each, but I still
couldn't track a source of info on the inserts they use.

I guess $52 wasn't too bad a price for 17 of them, IF I could use them.

Tillman