william_b_noble

Default Fun things to do with a 9,000 volt transformer

tesla coils are cool. Find the tesla coil listserv and post your
transformers there - sell some, keep one or two
you'll get reasonable $ for them

"Ignoramus27736" wrote in message
.. .
I got a dozen of 9,000V franceformers. I wonder if I can make some
sort of a fun, safe thing with them, possibly halloween
related. Suggestions to make a corpse out of me for Halloween
decorations will not be seriously considered.

Jon Danniken

"Ignoramus27736" wrote:
william_b_noble wrote:
tesla coils are cool. Find the tesla coil listserv and post your
transformers there - sell some, keep one or two
you'll get reasonable $ for them

Like, how much? That's interesting. I can test them prior to selling,
with my little spark gap.

Not much for nines, maybe ten bucks on Ebay for a 9kV/30mA. Find some 12kV
or 15kV at 60mA and you might get a hundred or more bucks for one, if you
find the right person at the right time. Shipping is a killer on these
items.

Jon