DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Fun things to do with a 9,000 volt transformer (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/125606-re-fun-things-do-9-000-volt-transformer.html)

william_b_noble October 20th 05 05:14 AM

Fun things to do with a 9,000 volt transformer

tesla coils are cool. Find the tesla coil listserv and post your
transformers there - sell some, keep one or two
you'll get reasonable $ for them

"Ignoramus27736" wrote in message
.. .
I got a dozen of 9,000V franceformers. I wonder if I can make some
sort of a fun, safe thing with them, possibly halloween
related. Suggestions to make a corpse out of me for Halloween
decorations will not be seriously considered.

Jon Danniken October 20th 05 07:38 AM

"Ignoramus27736" wrote:
william_b_noble wrote:
tesla coils are cool. Find the tesla coil listserv and post your
transformers there - sell some, keep one or two
you'll get reasonable $ for them

Like, how much? That's interesting. I can test them prior to selling,
with my little spark gap.

Not much for nines, maybe ten bucks on Ebay for a 9kV/30mA. Find some 12kV
or 15kV at 60mA and you might get a hundred or more bucks for one, if you
find the right person at the right time. Shipping is a killer on these
items.

Jon