Bob AZ

Default HALES Milling Machine

I am loking at getting one of these. Vertical, 1-1/2HP. Single phase
120/220. About 24" long table.

Does the spindle mount conventional tooling?

Any words of wisdom would be appreciated.

Bob AZ

Gunner

On 12 Oct 2005 19:37:00 -0700, "Bob AZ" wrote:

I am loking at getting one of these. Vertical, 1-1/2HP. Single phase
120/220. About 24" long table.

Does the spindle mount conventional tooling?

Any words of wisdom would be appreciated.

Bob AZ

Most of them took standard R8 tooling. I have one, but mine has also a
horizontal spindle. below the ram of the vertical head.

Mine is also 3ph. They are well made, stout and apparently accurate.
Mine is in the To Do section as the Y lead screw nut is blown out, the
result of somone hitting the table with a fork lift. Im unable to find
a supplier of the correct lead screw nut..so parts may be an issue if
something takes a dump.

Ill get this running this winter, and I believe it will be a very
handy addition to the other millers I have.

Gunner

for torturing the cat." Gunner

Milling machine identification Ned Simmons Metalworking 5 July 9th 05 08:34 AM
sanity check on selling milling machine bill Metalworking 4 April 15th 05 09:38 PM
Clausing/Atlas 8520 Milling Machine JB Metalworking 3 March 29th 05 02:39 AM
Old LeBlond milling machine xstrange Metalworking 0 December 18th 04 05:24 AM
Sheldon 0 milling machine X axis nut needed Dave Pidwerbecki Metalworking 1 April 3rd 04 04:08 AM