xstrange

Default Old LeBlond milling machine

Hello Jody;

Oh man, you've about brought tears to my eyes... The LeBlond #0
Horizontal Mill is exceptionally rare. They made less than a hundred of
them between 1902 and 1912. I have one, s/n 71, which is in amazingly
good condition, and very likely the only one still running. I heard of
one other that went to the scrap yard about 10 years ago, and this one
you've found is the only other I've heard of.

It's definitely rare, and is a neat little machine for a shop. Whether
it's worth restoring depends on the condition and how much of a project
you want.You're obviously not going to find parts for it. Anything
that's missing will have to be made up.

I'll be glad to help with any info if I can.
Bruce Johnson