Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Christopher Tidy

Default What do you call this socket?

Hi all,

I have a box of salvaged three phase sockets. They're pretty old and of
an all-metal construction. I'd like to mount a pair on my phase
convertor (when I've built it) but I don't have any plugs to match the
sockets. They have 3 phases, a neutral and an earth, but I don't think
they're CEE sockets. As far as I know the 3P+N+E CEE sockets have the
pins arranged in a pentagon, whereas these have four pins in a square
and the earth in the centre. There's an emblem made from an interleaved
"M" and "L" on the front, and you rotate the plug to switch on the
power. Here's a pictu

http://www.mythic-beasts.com/~cdt22/socket.jpg

Any idea what they're called? That way I might stand a better chance of
finding some matching plugs.

Best wishes,

Chris

Midway Phone Socket Kroma UK diy 43 October 31st 05 10:24 AM
Regs re electrics in the bathroom? Requirements for a socket? Mike Barnard UK diy 11 November 25th 04 08:33 PM
lamp socket mounting sizes (not bulb size) Ben Home Repair 2 December 30th 03 07:09 PM
Craftsman socket turning grey jim Metalworking 0 December 14th 03 02:47 AM
Question regarding adding an extra socket to the ring main Fiona Reid UK diy 10 September 3rd 03 04:45 PM