Eric R Snow

Default OT-trolls and bad language

Boring comment on.
After killfiling yet another troll this morning it got me to
wondering. Why would anyone want to post stuff that exists forever on
a hard drive somewhere and shows just how much a fool they are? Are
these all 12 or 13 year old boys? All the foul language and the
obvious attempt to get a rise out of anybody is really pathetic. I can
only see pre-pubescent boys acting this way.
Boring comment off.
ERS
SteveB

"Eric R Snow" wrote in message
Boring comment on.
After killfiling yet another troll this morning it got me to
wondering. Why would anyone want to post stuff that exists forever on
a hard drive somewhere and shows just how much a fool they are? Are
these all 12 or 13 year old boys? All the foul language and the
obvious attempt to get a rise out of anybody is really pathetic. I can
only see pre-pubescent boys acting this way.
Boring comment off.
ERS

They are just a mirror of society. You have people just like them living
next door, in your family, in your office. No different here. And yes,
there are a lot of kids here who just want to express the power of putting
out profanity, much like a kid who starts saying the f word, they repeat it
and repeat it and repeat it just to hear themselves say it.

Ignoring them works best. When they don't get attention or a rise out of
you, they move on. It's difficult to do the way they talk to you, and when
one becomes obsessed with you, it is more difficult.

What can you say to an idiot that they will understand? You have to go down
to their level to communicate, and that is their goal. They have no desire
to improve themselves because that would involve work.

Steve

wmbjk

On Wed, 05 Oct 2005 07:59:53 -0700, Eric R Snow
wrote:

Boring comment on.
After killfiling yet another troll this morning it got me to
wondering. Why would anyone want to post stuff that exists forever on
a hard drive somewhere and shows just how much a fool they are?

You're only just now wondering about that? I expect there are lots of
reasons why. But most of those posters use pseudonyms, so their
histories may as well be invisible. Others are but a few clicks away
from this situation -
http://www.citlink.net/~wmbjk/images...tcomicmark.jpg

Wayne

Eric R Snow wrote:

Boring comment on.
After killfiling yet another troll this morning it got me to
wondering. Why would anyone want to post stuff that exists forever on
a hard drive somewhere and shows just how much a fool they are? Are
these all 12 or 13 year old boys? All the foul language and the
obvious attempt to get a rise out of anybody is really pathetic. I can
only see pre-pubescent boys acting this way.
Boring comment off.
ERS

Well, as the internet has gone more main stream, I sure have been
reluctant to use too much personally indentifiable information. The
next job you need might have someone in HR searching out your internet
record to see if you are 'compatible'.

I bet there are a lot of companies that wouldn't hire Cliffy based on
any cursory google search.

Wes S

--
Reply to:
Whiskey Echo Sierra Sierra AT Alpha Charlie Echo Golf Romeo Oscar Paul dot Charlie Charlie

"SteveB" wrote:

What can you say to an idiot that they will understand? You have to go down
to their level to communicate, and that is their goal. They have no desire
to improve themselves because that would involve work.

If you drop down to argue with an idiot, you will likely get beat
since they have some much more experience. That is the true meaning
of anyone that argues with an idiot is an idiot.

Wes S
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well
please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the
consequences." -- PJ O'Rourke

Koz

wrote:

Boring comment on.
After killfiling yet another troll this morning it got me to
wondering. Why would anyone want to post stuff that exists forever on
a hard drive somewhere and shows just how much a fool they are?

You're only just now wondering about that? I expect there are lots of
reasons why. But most of those posters use pseudonyms, so their
histories may as well be invisible. Others are but a few clicks away
from this situation -
http://www.citlink.net/~wmbjk/images...tcomicmark.jpg

Wayne

Chuckle snort

They do come back and haunt you. I know of several people who have had
old usenet postings (you know, the bad day stupid comment stuff) used
against them in divorce cases. Generally, it's used in custody issues
relating to character: They often imply abusive nature, racism, or
support of mental issues like "instability". Always, they are out of
context due to the comments they are responding to being snipped and
"irrelevent" to the isssue at hand.

It works too....Judges always err on the side of "keeping kids safe",
even when it evidence is not really evidence. Although the few I know
haven't been hurt much in the final judgement (judge finally figured out
it was a stupid ploy), it has affected interim custody issues.

Just a heads up to re-think stupid comments on a crappy day.

Koz

Gunner

On Wed, 05 Oct 2005 13:16:02 -0400, wrote:

Eric R Snow wrote:

Boring comment on.
After killfiling yet another troll this morning it got me to
wondering. Why would anyone want to post stuff that exists forever on
a hard drive somewhere and shows just how much a fool they are? Are
these all 12 or 13 year old boys? All the foul language and the
obvious attempt to get a rise out of anybody is really pathetic. I can
only see pre-pubescent boys acting this way.
Boring comment off.
ERS

Well, as the internet has gone more main stream, I sure have been
reluctant to use too much personally indentifiable information. The
next job you need might have someone in HR searching out your internet
record to see if you are 'compatible'.

I bet there are a lot of companies that wouldn't hire Cliffy based on
any cursory google search.

Wes S

A couple years ago, I had one of the weak sister leftists from
alt.machines.cnc go trundling up to the guy repping for the company I
used to work for at Westec..and **** and moan about me being a Right
Winger yada yada yada.

Only problem was..the guy he was bitching too is the Republican Party
Chairman for the county in Conn, he lives in.

Snicker..I understand he got a sneer and a verbal bitch slap in
response.

Gunner

for torturing the cat." Gunner