Koz

wmbjk wrote:

On Wed, 05 Oct 2005 07:59:53 -0700, Eric R Snow
wrote:

Boring comment on.
After killfiling yet another troll this morning it got me to
wondering. Why would anyone want to post stuff that exists forever on
a hard drive somewhere and shows just how much a fool they are?

You're only just now wondering about that? I expect there are lots of
reasons why. But most of those posters use pseudonyms, so their
histories may as well be invisible. Others are but a few clicks away
from this situation -
http://www.citlink.net/~wmbjk/images...tcomicmark.jpg

Wayne

Chuckle snort

They do come back and haunt you. I know of several people who have had
old usenet postings (you know, the bad day stupid comment stuff) used
against them in divorce cases. Generally, it's used in custody issues
relating to character: They often imply abusive nature, racism, or
support of mental issues like "instability". Always, they are out of
context due to the comments they are responding to being snipped and
"irrelevent" to the isssue at hand.

It works too....Judges always err on the side of "keeping kids safe",
even when it evidence is not really evidence. Although the few I know
haven't been hurt much in the final judgement (judge finally figured out
it was a stupid ploy), it has affected interim custody issues.

Just a heads up to re-think stupid comments on a crappy day.

Koz