Default TurboTorch regulator any good?

Howdy all;

I am looking around for some propane parts and found the turbotorch
RL-P regulator. It looks like a solid piece of engineering but I
wanted to post here to see if anyone had used one and what your
experiences have been. I will need some kind of adjustable, high
pressure regulator to mate with the burner I have. This one claims to
handle 0-60 psi while some of the more conventional high pressure LP
regulators I've seen only advertise up to 20 or 30 psi. Does the extra
range come in handy and is it worth the price?

Any useful comments welcome.

Thanks,
Matthew

Richard J Kinch

I will need some kind of adjustable, high
pressure regulator to mate with the burner I have.

What kind of burner? The regulator pressure is not the only factor. It
must also be sized to deliver the volume of gas required by your
application (usually stated as BTU/hr).

The adjustable high-pressure regulators for kettle cookers are a good buy.
These are often available at Wal-Mart as separate replacement parts.

What kind of burner? The regulator pressure is not the only factor. It
must also be sized to deliver the volume of gas required by your
application (usually stated as BTU/hr).

This will be mated to the turbotorch ST-3 tip, and maybe at some point
one of Sievert's medium sized burners. They say the ST-3 will handle
copper pipe up to 2.5", but they are amazingly stingy with real data:
either gas flow or heat output.

Sievert also has what seems to be a heavy duty adjustable regulator,
with its heavy duty price, and I have seen the light duty cajun cooker
regulators that you mention. I ant to know if the apparent increase in
quality justifies the much higher price. I'd rather have quality
tools, but money /is/ still an object.

Matthew

Richard J Kinch

Sievert also has what seems to be a heavy duty adjustable regulator,
with its heavy duty price, and I have seen the light duty cajun cooker
regulators that you mention.

Not sure what you mean by "light duty". Those cookers put out a lotta
BTUs.