Errol Groff

Default Shaper Tool Gloat Follow Up

As promised pictures of my $25.00 7" Ammco shaper have been posted.

http://neme-s.org/AMMCO_Shaper/Ammco_7_Shaper.htm

Errol Groff

Instructor, Machine Tool Department

H.H. Ellis Technical High School
643 Upper Maple Street
Danielson, CT 06239

New England Model Engineering Society
www.neme-s.org

Errol Groff

On Wed, 28 Sep 2005 22:17:08 GMT, Errol Groff
wrote:

As promised pictures of my $25.00 7" Ammco shaper have been posted.

http://neme-s.org/AMMCO_Shaper/Ammco_7_Shaper.htm

Errol Groff

When I started at Ellis Tech in 1987 we had three good sized shapers.
I don't recall the makes but the were in the 24" range. Prior to that
I actually ran shapers at a couple of different work places.
Horizontal shapers at then C.E.M., now Spirol International in
Danielson CT and before that vertical shapers when I was an apprentice
at P&W Machine Tool in West Hartford CT.

One of the jobs I remember on the vertical shapers was putting 1" wide
splines in BIG gears. When you feed too deep doing that the tool
snaps off and a 1" cube of tool steel goes rocketing across the shop
it is quite a thrill. At least for the guys in the area where it
landed!

Yes this is my only shaper. For the now anyway. I am, after all, a
person who owns about 30 Machinery's Handbooks so another shaper would
not be unthinkable

Errol Groff

Instructor, Machine Tool Department

H.H. Ellis Technical High School
643 Upper Maple Street
Danielson, CT 06239

New England Model Engineering Society
www.neme-s.org

Dave August

Errol,

I'm no shaper expert, but from your picture, that's very similar to an
Atalas 7B, not exact but damn close.

I know there is a guy on e-bay who sells repro parts / exploded diagram
manuals for the Atlas and makes a few parts for them too, like belt covers
and feed nut's. The manual *might* be of use to you...

Why do I know this? I had an Atlas 7B for a few years and bought the Manual
from him.

I still have a picture of my old 7B, if you'd like I can send e-mail it to
you.

Dave

"Errol Groff" wrote in message

As promised pictures of my $25.00 7" Ammco shaper have been posted.

http://neme-s.org/AMMCO_Shaper/Ammco_7_Shaper.htm

Errol Groff

Instructor, Machine Tool Department

H.H. Ellis Technical High School
643 Upper Maple Street
Danielson, CT 06239

New England Model Engineering Society
www.neme-s.org

For peer review, new FAQ section: Power Tools. John Rumm UK diy 87 March 8th 05 09:43 PM
Geo. Thomas rear parting tool holder Karen Story Metalworking 9 August 28th 04 03:10 PM
Tool Gloat SteveC1280 Woodworking 6 May 14th 04 07:09 PM
Tool Gloat from Local Pawn Shop Lawrence L'Hote Woodworking 3 May 3rd 04 03:39 AM
GLOAT and what's P20 tool steel Karl Townsend Metalworking 6 July 15th 03 01:14 PM