Errol Groff

On Wed, 28 Sep 2005 22:17:08 GMT, Errol Groff
wrote:

As promised pictures of my $25.00 7" Ammco shaper have been posted.

http://neme-s.org/AMMCO_Shaper/Ammco_7_Shaper.htm

Errol Groff

When I started at Ellis Tech in 1987 we had three good sized shapers.
I don't recall the makes but the were in the 24" range. Prior to that
I actually ran shapers at a couple of different work places.
Horizontal shapers at then C.E.M., now Spirol International in
Danielson CT and before that vertical shapers when I was an apprentice
at P&W Machine Tool in West Hartford CT.

One of the jobs I remember on the vertical shapers was putting 1" wide
splines in BIG gears. When you feed too deep doing that the tool
snaps off and a 1" cube of tool steel goes rocketing across the shop
it is quite a thrill. At least for the guys in the area where it
landed!

Yes this is my only shaper. For the now anyway. I am, after all, a
person who owns about 30 Machinery's Handbooks so another shaper would
not be unthinkable

Errol Groff

Instructor, Machine Tool Department

H.H. Ellis Technical High School