news4.bellatlantic.net

Default Lathe

Hey people,

I need your input. I am a jeweler (used to be an eng) I am looking for a
small lathe and would like to have your thoughts on what brands would work
well for this.

tia
Robert

jim rozen

In article , news4.bellatlantic.net
says...

I need your input. I am a jeweler (used to be an eng) I am looking for a
small lathe and would like to have your thoughts on what brands would work
well for this.

Small means different things here - some say small is
a boley jeweler's lathe. Other's say small is a
Hendy 14 inch swing, seven foot bed monster.

So it would really really help if you mentioned
a) what you will be doing with the machine and
b) where you are located.

The second, because depending on where that is, you
might find some of the regular ng members would be
pulling up outside your house with a trailer towed
behind....

Jim

please reply to:

news4.bellatlantic.net

A boley or unimat woulde be small to me. I'm in S.E. Pennsylvania
"jim rozen" wrote in message
In article ,

news4.bellatlantic.net
says...

I need your input. I am a jeweler (used to be an eng) I am looking for a
small lathe and would like to have your thoughts on what brands would

work
well for this.

Small means different things here - some say small is
a boley jeweler's lathe. Other's say small is a
Hendy 14 inch swing, seven foot bed monster.

So it would really really help if you mentioned
a) what you will be doing with the machine and
b) where you are located.

The second, because depending on where that is, you
might find some of the regular ng members would be
pulling up outside your house with a trailer towed
behind....

Jim

please reply to:

Bob Swinney

Check www.sherline.com. Sherline's lathe should serve you well. Check out
the W.R. Smith Watchmaker's "T" Rest, an attachment you can buy or build to
adapt the Sherline to clockmaking.

Bob Swinney
"news4.bellatlantic.net" wrote in message
A boley or unimat woulde be small to me. I'm in S.E. Pennsylvania
"jim rozen" wrote in message
In article ,

news4.bellatlantic.net
says...

I need your input. I am a jeweler (used to be an eng) I am looking for

small lathe and would like to have your thoughts on what brands would

work
well for this.

Small means different things here - some say small is
a boley jeweler's lathe. Other's say small is a
Hendy 14 inch swing, seven foot bed monster.

So it would really really help if you mentioned
a) what you will be doing with the machine and
b) where you are located.

The second, because depending on where that is, you
might find some of the regular ng members would be
pulling up outside your house with a trailer towed
behind....

Jim

please reply to:

news4.bellatlantic.net

Many thanks to all for the input

Robert
"Bob Swinney" wrote in message
. net...
Check www.sherline.com. Sherline's lathe should serve you well. Check

out
the W.R. Smith Watchmaker's "T" Rest, an attachment you can buy or build

adapt the Sherline to clockmaking.

Bob Swinney
"news4.bellatlantic.net" wrote in message
A boley or unimat woulde be small to me. I'm in S.E. Pennsylvania
"jim rozen" wrote in message
In article ,

news4.bellatlantic.net
says...